For the past few months Dam, Bean and I have been living in my parent's house, in Boise, while our house, in St Louis, is being rented. Our adventures here have been wonderful, but it is time to move back to our house!! In many ways I dreaded the four day trek back to St Louis, but how else were we going to get our stuff there?So on May 11 we packed our little Kia to the gills and took off the next morning. Our destination? Salt Lake City, Utah! Our friends, Marren and Jeff Copeland, let us crash at there place for the night.
I have to say if you ever want to have the best smoothies in the world go to the Copelands and have Marren make you one. I'd drive back to Salt Lake just for one.
Our next stop was Rawlins, Wyoming. If I ever have to stay in Wyoming ever again I will make sure that it is Jackson Hole or not at all. The hotel we stayed at needed to be demolished, but it was stay there with two rooms or go to another hotel and stay there with one room. We needed the two rooms because Bean has gotten used to sleeping in a room by himself. I have tried sleeping in the same room with him and we did a fine job of waking each other up multiple times during the night.
After getting checked into our rooms Dam and I quickly learned 22 month-old and adjoining rooms equals trouble. Bean was playing on the bed in the adjoining room when I walked into the other room to grab my phone. Next thing I new the door to the adjoining room slammed shut and I immediately knew we were in trouble. I had safety locked the door to the room Bean was in because he kept running up to the door, opening it and then running out into the hallway, so Bean was locked in his room with no way for us to get in. I told Dam what was going on and then ran down to the front desk to get help. It was just our luck that the maintenance man had gone home for the day. Fortunately the gal working the front desk was able to get the maintenance guy on the phone and he told her a way to jimmy the safety lock open. When I finally got back up to our rooms poor Bean was crying hysterically because he could not understand why Dad could not open his door. After a few tries we got the door open and vowed never again to allow Bean to be alone in the spare room by himself.
Our next two days of driving were pretty uneventful. To keep myself awake I started playing the license plate game: every time I saw a license plate from a new state I wrote it down. The only states that I did not get were most of the southern states, some of the New England states and Hawaii. Arriving at my sister's house Saturday was one of the best things in the world. No more road trips for me for a LONG while!
No comments:
Post a Comment