Any one who has children will agree that each day is a new adventure. No child ever follows a set schedule or comes with a "how to" guide. Typically conquering these adventures jointly with a spouse makes life a little bit easier; well, I decided to take the hard route. Most of you who read my blog know that I recently packed up all of my belongings, sent my girls to my parents-in-laws, rented out my house to friends, and moved in with family while Adam is currently millions of miles away studying Mandarin in Shanghai. I will admit that the first week I cried a lot; I missed Adam, I missed my girls (dogs and cat) and my house, plus St Louis had become my home. Lately, my mantra is "just breath". Some nights I would like to pull my hair out because Bean has decided to wake up at 3 am and not go back to sleep till 11 am, but if I take a deep breath I can get through just about anything.
Happy 250th Birthday
3 weeks ago
3 comments:
That must be so tough! Hang in there! I wish I could tell you it will get easier, but my 13-month-old was up every hour for who know why. You will be able to smile a lot more soon, though. I'm sure of it.
Just keep on breathing, girl. I know how hard it is to have your husband on the other side of the earth, but it will go by and once you're together again it will seem like you were never apart. I can't wait to meet the little night terror - of course, I'll have my own by then!
That has got to be so hard! I don't know what I would do without Curtis. As a mom of almost a year (forever I know :) I am pretty much an expert) My little phrase has been "tomorrow will be better". It always has been, and makes me feel better to acknowledge that, yes, today is a rotten stinking day. But it won't be tomorrow. And somehow that helps me get through the tough stuff. Good luck!
Post a Comment